Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Rebecca Verosloff

            I have been going through a lot of change in my life. With change comes ways to see things differently, to be able to look at a situation from a different side. For the last seven years I’ve been in a relationship, recently we both decided that it was time to see the world from a different, single perspective. It is true that you never really know what something is going to be like until you are there. Being single is one of those things for me. I had all of these expectations of what my new life was going to bring me. I have to admit that very few of those expectations were even remotely close to the reality that ensued. This is why I decided to make this cartoon for my visual project about love and desire.
            I chose to make a cartoon of my life. I broke my life into certain scenarios that became prevalent in my newly single life. These scenarios were: single life, college life, partying, and after sex. These cartoons are nothing less than the reality that occurred, the hopeful expectations followed by the over scrutinized reality. The first window hold the expectations that I’d held before the setting occurred of how I would think and feel while the second window held the cynical and almost depressing realities that occurred as I lived through them.
            This project was an opportunity to open myself up and reflect on how I have developed these expectations. By making it, it has helped me to understand how much the media actually influences me. I hope that this cartoon could also help others to understand themselves better so that we can become more aware of our expectations and be able to formulate more realistic expectations.







No comments:

Post a Comment